Are you a fan of pepitas, those tasty little pumpkin seeds sold in the health food stores? Have you ever wondered why the “pumpkin seeds” they sell in the store look so different from home grown pumpkin seeds? This post will show you how to get the best tasting, freshest pepitas you’ve ever eaten – ones that you grow yourself. If you want to grow pepitas at home, it all starts with right pumpkin.
File this under “I wish someone would have told me this when I first started gardening”. My mom always raised an assortment of winter squash, as I do, and once in a while we’d save the seeds and toast them. Frankly, I was never a huge fan – way too much roughage – until I discovered – HULLESS PUMPKIN SEEDS! [Read more…]Posts may contain affiliate links, which allow me to earn a commission to support the site at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
It's Easy to Bake Homemade Bread with my New Book, "Never Buy Bread Again"!This book will help you:
- Save money
- Avoid the preservatives and additives in commercial bread
- Enjoy the amazing taste and aroma of fresh baked bread
But I Don't Have Time to Bake Bread!Several of the recipes are bread machine friendly, and the yeast breads can be mixed with a sturdy mixer so you you can multitask in the kitchen. Just a few minutes to mix, let rise, shape, rise and bake. The quick breads are even easier - just mix and bake! You can make pancakes from scratch in about the same time as using a box mix - without the mystery ingredients.
What's in the Bread Book?“Never Buy Bread Again – 20+ Homemade Bread Recipes” is the bread book designed for beginning bakers and those who enjoy quick and easy homemade breads. It’s also fun for those who remember recipes “like grandma used to make” and want to recapture that flavor in their own kitchen. In this book you’ll find:
- Troubleshooting tips so you can bake without fear
- Easy everyday breads such as sandwich bread and crusty French bread
- Quick breads such as buttermilk biscuits, corn bread and pancakes
- Gluten free breads
- How to Make a Sourdough Starter and Basic Sourdough Bread
- Holiday and special occasion breads, like fruit filled kolache, Polish doughnuts and pretzel bread
- How to store and freeze breads (before and after baking) for best quality
- Fun bread "go alongs" like flavored butters and cheese fondue
- Recipes to make with leftover bread