It’s Easy to Bake Homemade Bread!
This book will help you:
- Bake amazing homemade bread – even if you’ve never baked before!
- Avoid the preservatives and additives in commercial bread
- Learn how to store your fresh bread the right way to keep it fresh and delicious
- Save money by using basic pantry ingredients
- Make holidays extra special with homemade sweet breads like Gram Irene’s cinnamon rolls
Several of the recipes are bread machine friendly, and the yeast breads can be mixed with a sturdy mixer so you you can multitask in the kitchen. Just a few minutes to mix, let rise, shape, rise and bake.
The quick breads are even easier – just mix and bake! You can make pancakes from scratch in about the same time as using a box mix – without the mystery ingredients.
What’s in the Bread Book?
“Never Buy Bread Again – 20+ Homemade Bread Recipes” is the bread book designed for beginning bakers and those who enjoy quick and easy homemade breads. It’s also fun for those who remember recipes “like grandma used to make” and want to recapture that flavor in their own kitchen.
In this book you’ll find:
- Troubleshooting tips so you can bake without fear
- Easy everyday breads such as sandwich bread and crusty French bread
- Quick breads such as buttermilk biscuits, corn bread and pancakes
- Gluten free breads
- How to Make a Sourdough Starter and Basic Sourdough Bread
- Holiday and special occasion breads, like fruit filled kolache, Polish doughnuts and pretzel bread
- How to store and freeze breads (before and after baking) for best quality
- Tips for adjusting bread recipes for high altitude baking
- Fun bread “go alongs” like flavored butters and cheese fondue
- Recipes to make with leftover bread
The book includes full color photos, so you know what the finished bread should look like, and stories from our family about the recipes and baking traditions. It has a spiral binding so that it lays flat on the kitchen counter for easy reading while cooking. Some of these recipes have been featured on the website, others are exclusive to the book.
Free Bread Baking Video Tutorial – The book includes access to an online baking tutorial video to take you through the basics of bread making.
How Do I Get My Copy?
Never Buy Bread Again is available in print and digital formats. The spiral print edition is available only in the United States. The digital version and Createspace print to order versions may be purchased internationally.
Purchase a Spiral Bound Copy
Print copies are spiral bound so they lay flat for easy use while baking.
The price for the print version is $19.95 (+ sales tax in Wisconsin) and $3.99 shipping and handling.
FREE BONUS – With the purchase of your print copy, you’ll also receive the digital versions of the book. That’s two products for the price of one!
The mailers I have will fit up to 7 copies. If you would like to order more than one copy, shipping is $1 extra per copy, up to seven copies. (More than 7 will take another mailer.)
To buy multiple copies:
- Type in the desired number of copies in the Quantity box.
- Click “Update Cart”.
- If Shipping does not automatically update, use the dropdown arrow to select the least expensive shipping option available. For example, “5.99 (Buy3)” for a purchase of three books.
- Check out safely with Paypal. You don’t need a Paypal account to purchase. It can also process debit and credit cards.
We’ll mail out orders via media mail twice a week.
Print version now available internationally (not spiral bound) via Amazon.com.
Purchase the Ebook Version
The ebook (digital) version is $9.95, and includes downloadable PDF, epub and mobi versions of the book.
Here’s what our Readers are Saying about the Recipes…
On the Basic Sandwich Bread:
“Easy to make, I can pronounce all the ingredients, and it is a family favorite!”
“I just want to thank you for this recipe. We make it all.the.time. I made the rolls 2 days in a row this week. It is a favorite in this family! Thank you!”
“Made bread and rolls for the first time today using this recipe. Lets just say YUMMY!!”
On the Potato Bread:
“This is the best bread ever!!!!!!! I mixed the ingredients in my bread machine and put it on the dough cycle, then I took the dough out and let it rest for 20 minutes. Then I put the dough into 2 loaf pans and let rise until doubled and baked them in the oven. The bread was soft and it stayed soft. This is the only bread recipe that I will use. I did freeze one loaf and when I thawed it out it tasted like I just made it 🙂 YUM! YUM!”
“Made this yesterday – what a lovely loaf! No need to change a thing; this one’s a keeper!”
On the Crusty French Bread:
“Just tried this recipe. I had my bread machine make the dough. I had never used bread flour before, only all purpose. This was AMAZING! The family polished off the loaf, still warm with butter. This recipe has gone into My Favorites!!”
“I made this last night & It was a complete hit!!! First time making bread & it came out beautiful & delicious!!! Thank you for the recipe & easy to follow instructions!”
On Betty’s Buttermilk Rye:
“Thank you for sharing your recipe as this is the 2nd time in a week I have used it.
So delicious, I love rye bread and this one made with buttermilk is the best:)
I used my Breadman machine on #1 setting and 1% buttermilk and came out with
A light crunchy crust with perfect texture and easy slicing.”
On Gram Irene’s Corn Bread:
“This is seriously the best cornbread ever! I am now famous at family gatherings for using this recipe :-). Thank you!”
“This recipe SAVED me! I’d just made a total flop on cornbread muffins from a food.com recipe. I know it’s foolish to try a new recipe last-minute, but I couldn’t find my old standby. So right before a luncheon, I made these after throwing the other “bricks” away. This turned out great!
If you enjoy the book, please stop back and leave a comment below! Thank you!