Cranberry Walnut Powerballs
These cranberry walnut power balls are easy to make with healthy ingredients and no refined sugar.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 40 balls 1x
- Category: snack
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or another dried fruit like raisins, cherries or goji berries)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or other nuts or seeds)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 1 cup peanut butter or nut butter
- 1/2–3/4 cup honey
- 1/4–1/2 cup coconut oil, unrefined
- coconut flakes, unsweetened, to coat the balls
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients except coconut flakes. Mix well.
- Add honey, coconut oil and peanut butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle enough coconut into a 9″x9″ glass pan to cover the bottom of the pan so the bars lift out easily. Press the mixture into the pan, refrigerate for a few hours, then slice into squares.
- If you have more time, roll the mix into balls roughly 1 inch in diameter, and then roll the balls in the coconut flakes to coat. This will make them less sticky.
- Place in a sealed container in the refrigerator for a few hours to firm up. Store in the refrigerator.
Makes around 35-40 1-inch balls/squares.
Keywords: snack, healthy, peanut butter, coconut, powerballs