Cranberry Orange Bread
This cranberry orange bread recipe combines tart cranberries and sweet orange flavor into a moist and delicious bread. Perfect for the holiday season.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: Two 9x5 loaves 1x
- Category: bread
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Mix flour, sugar baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl or stand mixer. Stir in softened butter until mixture forms a crumble.
- Stir in orange zest, orange juice and eggs. Blend until just moistened. Fold in chopped cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pans. Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes for 9×5 loaf pans, 30-40 minutes for mini loaf pans and tea loaf pans, until toothpick inserted in center tests done.
- Let rest in pan for 5 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
Makes two 9×5 loaves or tea loaves – or – six mini loaves.
To bake as cranberry orange muffins, fill greased or paper lined muffin cups 3/4 full and bake at 375°F for 15 to 20 minutes. Makes about 24 standard muffins.
Keywords: cranberry, orange, holiday, fall recipes