Chocolate Coffee Cookies Recipe
Chocolate Coffee Cookies – These coffee flavored cookies include cocoa in the dough, combined with semi sweet or dark chocolate coating.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 48 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 three ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Combine the coffee crystals and milk. Stir until the coffee crystals dissolve. If your coffee is older and doesn’t dissolve easily, warm the milk a bit. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and cream cheese until well blended. Add brown sugar, vanilla, and milk-coffee mix to the butter mixture. Stir until well combined. Add flour and cocoa and stir until blended. Cover and chill for one hour, or until dough is firm and easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1 inch ovals. Press a notch in each cookie with a chopstick (or something similar) so that it resembles a coffee bean.
- Place cookies one inch apart on baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are a bit darker. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. You can leave these “as is”, but I recommend half dipping them in chocolate.
- To prep chocolate for dipping, melt chips together with coconut oil in a small saucepan. Dip cookies one at a time until about 1/3 to 1/2 covered, and place on wax paper or freezer paper to set. To speed chocolate set, place dipped cookies in a cool area or in the refrigerator. Makes about 48 cookies.
Keywords: cookies, coffee, chocolate