Zucchini Gummy Candy – A Fun and Easy Zucchini Recipe
This zucchini gummy candy recipe without jello or pectin tastes like commercial gummy treats with no artificial flavors, colors or refined sugar.
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Stove top Cooking/Dehydrating
- Cuisine: American
- 8 cups zucchini or summer squash, peeled, seeded and cut into roughly 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 can fruit juice concentrate (11.5 ounce)
- 1 can water
- Place cubed zucchini in a large, nonreactive stockpot. Pour in juice concentrate and water.
- Cook gently until translucent and tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain in a colander, spread out on dehydrator sheets so the pieces are not touching.
- Dehydrate at 135F for 8-12 hours or until tacky but no longer moist. I usually do mine overnight.
- Enjoy right away or pack for snacking. For longer storage, place in a sealed container in the refrigerator and eat within one month. Makes around 2 cups.
This is a good use for overgrown garden zucchini – just cut around the seed cavity.
Keywords: zucchini, snacks, gummies