Rhuberry Spread – Naturally Sweetened Strawberry-Rhubarb Jam Recipe
- 4 tart apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 5 cups strawberries, hulled and halved – or just use small berries
- 2 cups rhubarb, finely chopped
- 2 (two) 12-ounce cans frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- Sterilize seven 8-ounce jars, keep hot.
- Fill water bath canner and bring to boil.
- In large, stainless-steel saucepan, combine apples, strawberries, rhubarb and apple juice concentrate.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring regularly.
- Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, about 50 minutes.
- Ladle jam into sterilized jars leaving 1/4″ headspace.
- Wipe rims clean and screw on the lids.
- Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes in water bath canner(add 1 minute for every 1,000 feet above sea level).
- Remove canner lid. Wait 5 minutes, then remove jars to a waiting towel.
- Cool, remove rings, and label for storage with date and contents.
- Wipe down any sticky spots, if needed, before storage.
- Makes around 6 half pint jars.