Raspberry Cream Pie
- 1 – 9 inch pie crust, unbaked
- 4 cups raspberries, fresh or partially thawed, individually frozen
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream
Standard Pastry for One Crust Pie Recipe
- 1 cup all purpose flour, or Cup4Cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/3 cup lard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Gently lay crust into pie plate and crimp edges. I prefer a 9 1/2 inch pyrex pie plate.
- Place berries over bottom of crust. Combine remaining ingredients in bowl, mixing until blended. Pour over berries. Cover edge of crust during baking (to keep it from browning too much).
- (A pie crust shield makes this quick and easy, but you can also use foil.)
- Bake at 400 degrees, 40 to 50 minutes, until center is bubbling and edges are starting to set. Pie sets up as it cools. Keep refrigerated.
- Lovely served “as is”, with a bit of extra whipped cream on top or if you want to get really crazy, add some vanilla ice cream.