Onion Pudding is easy enough to make for every day meals, but rich and creamy enough to help fill out a holiday table. Serve with a salad for a light meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour or 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook onions and butter over low heat about 30 minutes, until translucent. Do not brown.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together cheese, flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in onions.
- Pour onion mixture into a buttered gratin dish or 9 inch pie plate and bake 20 minutes at 400F, until edges are lightly browned and center is set. Serve warm.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Keywords: onions, savory pudding, holiday