Fried Apples with Maple Cinnamon Glaze (No Refined Sugar)
Fried apples are a super easy comfort food that’s wonderful as a side dish or dessert. While most recipes call for white sugar or brown sugar and cinnamon, we’ve changed things up a bit with maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stove top
- 2 medium apples
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (1–2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sprinkle of Salt
- Begin heating the butter or coconut oil and maple syrup on medium heat in a medium-size stainless steel or cast iron skillet.
- While the butter/coconut oil and syrup cooks, wash, core, and slice your apples. (Peel if you like.)
- Add the apples, cinnamon, lemon juice and salt to the maple syrup mix. Sauté the apples until tender, stirring and flipping gently so they cook evenly. (About 5-10 minutes.)
- The maple cinnamon glaze thickens as it cooks, and more when it cools. Your fried apples are done when the apples are tender and a spoon pulled through the glaze forms a line that disappears slowly.
- Enjoy the apples warm over pancakes, ice cream, as a side dish or just by themselves!
Keywords: apples, maple syrup, comfort foods