Elderberry Syrup with Honey and Cinnamon
Elderberry, cinnamon and honey combine for this soothing elderberry syrup for kids.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 3 pints 1x
- 1 quart elderberry juice
- 2 cups honey
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- Sterilize three 16-ounce jars, keep hot. Heat lids and rings in hot water, keep warm but not boiling. Fill water bath canner and bring to boil.
- Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive pot. Heat and stir until all honey is dissolved.
- Bring to boil and boil for ten minutes. (This infuses the flavor of the spices into the syrup.)
- Ladle hot syrup into sterilized jars leaving 1/4″ headspace. Wipe rims clean and screw on the lids.
- Process for 10 minutes in water bath canner (add 1 minute for every 1,000 feet above sea level). Makes around 3 pints of syrup
Keywords: elderberry syrup