Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, preferably freshly grated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- Pepper to taste (optional)
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and cream cheese.
- Gently whisk in milk until smooth. Whisk in grated cheese and heat until melted.
- Do not boil or it is likely to curdle and/or break.
- Just before serving, add freshly grated black pepper if desired.
- Serve over hot noodles of your choice.
- Makes around 4 servings.
- We make this into a one dish meal by adding some diced, cooked chicken or ham, and cooked broccoli or other veggies.
- I don’t measure, I just throw in a handful or two of each and heat through.
- I usually make a double batch, because it reheats well, too.
- The Alfredo sauce and noodles pair well with a cold salad and vinaigrette dressing.
- The acidity of the vinaigrette is nice to balance the richness of the dairy.