These easy cranberry cookies team up fresh cranberries, nuts, and a dash of orange juice for soft, delicious treat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 egg
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars together; beat in milk, orange juice, and egg.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture. Blend well; stir in nuts and cranberries.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375°F for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled, store in a sealed container.
These cranberry cookies keep for several days at room temp. Freeze for longer storage. The flavor after a day or two is as good or better than when fresh baked.
Keywords: cranberry, cookies, fall, Thanksgiving