Chocolate Chestnut Brownies
One bowl recipe for rich, cake like gluten free brownies made with chestnuts or chestnut flour.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 slices 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Chestnuts, cooked and shelled- 200 grams or about 1 cup packed tight or 1 1/2 cups chestnut flour
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
- 3/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Get out an 8-inch square baking pan. Line it with parchment paper so it hangs over the sides like handles.
- If using whole chestnuts, grind into a fine powder in a food processor.
- In a food processor or a mixing bowl, add the eggs, water, butter, sweetener, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cocoa powder, salt, soda, and mix well to a pudding-like texture.
- Spoon into baking pan. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, until center is soft set. Allow to cool 15 minutes, cut into squares and eat.
- Stir in one cup chopped nuts before baking, if desired.
Keywords: brownies, gluten free, chestnut