Cranberry Chestnut Bars
A moist, delicious bar with a pop of brightness from dried cranberries –
Gluten free, grain free, dairy free
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup chestnut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot starch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup pure grade B maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg (or 1 TBSP flax meal mixed with 3 TBSP hot water)
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients to the dry and mix well. Stir in cranberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top of the batter.
- Bake 40 – 45 minutes or until golden brown and the center springs back when touched. Cool completely on a wire rack. Makes 16 servings.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 3 months.
Keywords: chestnut flour, chestnuts, gluten free, dairy free