Rich blondies made with almonds and coconut flour to satisfy your sweet tooth without a ton of sugar.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a glass 9″x9″ square baking dish. I also lined the dish with parchment paper for easy removal.
1. Place crispy almonds into food processor and add 2 tablespoons warm, melted coconut oil.
2. Blend until smooth. It took about 3 minutes in my food processor. Measure out 1/2 cup of almond butter (there will be a couple of tablespoons extra).
3. Place almond butter into a medium sized bowl.
4. Add remaining coconut oil (3 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon).
5. Add 1/3 cup honey, vanilla extract and vanilla bean caviar.
6. Beat two eggs and add to the bowl.
7. Mix together.
8. In a smaller bowl, place 1/4 cup coconut flour and salt. Mix. Sift.
9. Add coconut flour and salt to the wet ingredients.
10. Mix using hand mixer or whisk until thoroughly blended.
11. Allow the batter to sit for 2-3 minutes to give the coconut flour time to absorb.
12. Assess the batter. Brownie batter should be somewhat stiff. I had to add the additional tablespoon of coconut flour as the batter was pretty sloppy.
13. Spread into the baking dish.
14. Bake 20 minutes. The top of the brownies will lose the shiny look and will feel firm to the touch when done.
Mix together. Using a pastry bag, pipe a small dot on top of each blondie. I cut these into 9 pieces, and then 4 pieces again.