If you’re looking for eloquent words of inspiration, this may not be the post for you. My momma was a plain spoken woman – she called things as she saw them. As simple as these phrases might seem, they help keep me on track, and I’ve shared them with my kids, too. I also remember her for her sense of humor. She was a bit of a joker – like me. 🙂 (Thus the photo above.) Here are 7 things my mama told me, which I also tell to my kids. [Read more…]Posts may contain affiliate links, which allow me to earn a commission to support the site at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
It's Easy to Bake Homemade Bread with my New Book, "Never Buy Bread Again"!This book will help you:
- Save money
- Avoid the preservatives and additives in commercial bread
- Enjoy the amazing taste and aroma of fresh baked bread
But I Don't Have Time to Bake Bread!Several of the recipes are bread machine friendly, and the yeast breads can be mixed with a sturdy mixer so you you can multitask in the kitchen. Just a few minutes to mix, let rise, shape, rise and bake. The quick breads are even easier - just mix and bake! You can make pancakes from scratch in about the same time as using a box mix - without the mystery ingredients.
What's in the Bread Book?“Never Buy Bread Again – 20+ Homemade Bread Recipes” is the bread book designed for beginning bakers and those who enjoy quick and easy homemade breads. It’s also fun for those who remember recipes “like grandma used to make” and want to recapture that flavor in their own kitchen. In this book you’ll find:
- Troubleshooting tips so you can bake without fear
- Easy everyday breads such as sandwich bread and crusty French bread
- Quick breads such as buttermilk biscuits, corn bread and pancakes
- Gluten free breads
- How to Make a Sourdough Starter and Basic Sourdough Bread
- Holiday and special occasion breads, like fruit filled kolache, Polish doughnuts and pretzel bread
- How to store and freeze breads (before and after baking) for best quality
- Fun bread "go alongs" like flavored butters and cheese fondue
- Recipes to make with leftover bread